Distribution of Irrigation Acres for 2022
The WID is offering 393 irrigation acres for sale for the 2022 water season.
Anyone looking to expand their active irrigation is encouraged to contact Katherine Zakariasen at the WID office to discuss the best options for them.
Application deadline is November 30, 2021 and must include a current Alberta land classification report. Payment for successful applicants will be due by March 31, 2022.
The application process ensures that the acres will be used actively and that the overall water efficiency of the WID system will increase. The WID will evaluate the following factors to prioritize the allocation of these irrigation acres:
- Conveyance efficiency
- Servicing Infrastructure
- Land Classification
- On-Farm System Efficiency
- Current irrigation activity on the parcel
- Expansion limit and the Determination
- Applicant as an Economic Unit and the members of the Economic Unit
- Irrigation Acres on the assessment roll in the name of the Applicant and Economic Unit
- Such further and other factors under the Irrigation Districts Act
These acres will be distributed at a capital asset charge of $880 per acre which is based on future infrastructure requirements of the District.
The WID is committed to ensuring our water license is used to its maximum potential for the benefit of our irrigators. As such, it is key that the acres to be distributed are actively and efficiently used. An irrigation system must be installed within two years of the acres being allocated to the parcel.