Who We Are:
The Western Irrigation District provides irrigation water to over 400 farms and 96,000 acres of land, and supplies municipal water to over 12,000 people in four different communities through 1,200 km of canals and pipelines. Like other irrigation districts in Alberta, the WID operates under the rules and procedures of the Irrigation Districts Act. The WID is headquartered in Strathmore, Alberta, which is approximately 40 kilometers east of Calgary.
Where We Work and Live:
This position is based in the Town of Strathmore and will require to travel to our project locations within the District. Our Construction Team: With approximately 12- 20 employees making up the very experienced year-round construction and maintenance team, WID is a diversified irrigation district with essential water supply services, earthworks construction, pipeline construction, canal construction, irrigation development and enhancements, equipment operations, irrigation maintenance, and customer servicing.
Our ideal candidate for the role of General Labourer will have the following abilities:
• Perform work connected with laying pipe, and maintenance and repair of infrastructure in the Irrigation District
• Perform all duties with a high regard for safety and the environment
• General Labourer Duties as assigned
General Position Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work is manual labour intensive and involves repetitive shoveling, standing, stooping, bending, squatting, walking and lifting weights up to 50 pounds (23 kg) unassisted
• Experience tying off loads and operating truck and trailer.
• As the majority of this work is conducted outdoors, workers must be ready to work in all types of weather conditions, including inclement weather
• Climbing in and out of trenches, walking on uneven ground, working around heavy equipment and working in restricted spaces is required
• Work overtime as required
• Weekend work may be required
• MUST have a valid driving license, and a clean driving record
Job Types: Full-time
COVID-19 considerations: We follow all recommendations for Covid-19 safety
Please send resumes to:
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.